Sunday, July 8, 2012

Summertime

Every week we sing the Hello Song to visitors.  I've been meaning to teach them a new welcome song for a year now, but haven't had the opportunity until now.  I'm excited to teach them We Welcome You tomorrow and will just do it using a flip chart I found on Sugardoodle.

Since that's pretty short we'll also be singing Oh, What Do You Do In the Summertime? by reviewing the words (we sang it last year) and then singing again playing SING-LIKE-A.... with the idea I found here

If they catch on to the song pretty fast and we want to move on, we'll review some program songs by playing SING-LIKE-A.

*Update: This singing time was SO MUCH FUN!  The kids really enjoyed learning new songs by singing in different voices and being included by getting to choose the circle describing the way to sing.  I'm sure I'll do this again when review time for the program comes around.

No comments:

Post a Comment